Home » News » Politics » Granite Status
Hopkinton Village Greenway to be unveiled to public
The grand opening of the greenway, a 4.5-mile loop that encircles Hopkinton Village, will be held on Saturday at 1 p.m. A brief opening ceremony will be held at the Kimball Lake Cabins, followed by an inaugural hike around the Greenway.
The greenway connects with existing trails in the Hawthorne Forest, Ransmeier Woods and Kimball Lake.
“We’re excited to finally get folks out on the trail to see all the diverse terrain that’s been protected around the village” said Ron Klemarczyk, a member of the Hopkinton Conservation Commission. “The trail goes along the shore of a lake under huge pine trees, past isolated bogs, streams and wetlands, beside a deep gorge in a hemlock forest, and even past the old village dump.”
“The greenway trail makes these conservation lands more accessible for walkers and runners, as well as winter users,” said Lucia Kittredge, a member of the Hopkinton Open Space Committee. “It’s part of what makes Hopkinton such a livable community.”
“Our vision for a greenbelt of protected land around Hopkinton Village began in the early 1990s,” Klemarczyk said. “It took years of work with Open Space Bond funds and generous private landowners to acquire the land necessary to make the trail.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- ‘Idol’ talk in NH as Mont Vernon's Alex Preston in final 6 - 0
- Hooksett board wants to hear from residents on failed Pinkerton deal - 0
- Mt. Washington warning: Spring a time of danger - 0
- Bedford police will collect old, unused and unwanted drugs - 0
- Ashland Community Garden ribbon-cutting set for Saturday - 0
- Cynthia's Challenge raises $31K to help buy service dog - 0
- Preston's 'Idol' adventure goes on - 1
- Hemophilia Charity Bike Ride Comes to New Hampshire - 0
- Scholars from Across U.S. Gather at Plymouth State University's 35th Annual Medieval and Renaissance Forum April 25 and 26 - 0
Preston's 'Idol' adventure goes on
NH Easter Egg Hunts 2014
Win tickets to see Comedian Mike Birbiglia!
In loving defense of the humble, comfy clog
Win tickets to see Cheap Trick
Win tickets to see Billy Idol
Win tickets to see The Monkees!
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election