Keene streets damaged by heavy rains on Friday
Water Street was one of several roads closed in Keene Friday as city workers repaired flood damage from Thursday's nearly six inches of rain. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
Water, Concord and North Lincoln streets were the worst hit, said Public Works director Kürt Blomquist.
Bellevue Street, Woodland Avenue, Eastern Avenue, Old Concord Road, Sullivan Street, Rule Street, Roxbury Road and Roxbury Street were also damaged.
“It’s not hundreds of thousands of dollars, but $50,000 to $100,000 worth of damage,” he said.
Like the roads, many yards experienced washout conditions.
The DPW is encouraging residents who have sustained private property damage to call 2-1-1 so that New Hampshire 2-1-1, a Community Resource Program, can compile information and data about the damage so state officials can determine if an assistance program is available to those affected by the flood event.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Concord postpones fireworks to Saturday - 0
- LIghtning strike sends Epping house up in flames - 0
- Weather warnings push fireworks to Saturday in Rochester - 0
- Threat of thunderstorms pushes Dover fireworks to Sunday - 0
- Weather could lead to fireworks postponement in Salem - 0
- Some damage, no injuries when more than 7 inches of rain falls on Lost River area - 0
- Campers stranded, roads damaged in Woodstock downpour - 0
- Slow but sweet start for strawberries and most other NH summer crops - 0
- Fire caused by lightning leaves family homeless, dozens without water in Sunapee - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
The U.S. is a beacon still
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson
Red Sox's Holt has All-Star history