Keene streets damaged by heavy rains on Friday
Water Street was one of several roads closed in Keene Friday as city workers repaired flood damage from Thursday's nearly six inches of rain. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
Water, Concord and North Lincoln streets were the worst hit, said Public Works director Kürt Blomquist.
Bellevue Street, Woodland Avenue, Eastern Avenue, Old Concord Road, Sullivan Street, Rule Street, Roxbury Road and Roxbury Street were also damaged.
“It’s not hundreds of thousands of dollars, but $50,000 to $100,000 worth of damage,” he said.
Like the roads, many yards experienced washout conditions.
The DPW is encouraging residents who have sustained private property damage to call 2-1-1 so that New Hampshire 2-1-1, a Community Resource Program, can compile information and data about the damage so state officials can determine if an assistance program is available to those affected by the flood event.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Storm blasts state with messy mix - 0
- Rainy forecast forces Portsmouth to cancel Christmas parade; tree lighting still on - 0
- NHDOT: Snow, sleet causing no traffic problems on state's highways - 0
- Utilities tallying up the damage - 3
- Elliot Hospital serves dinner to those affected by power outages - 0
- Power outages down to final few - 2
- Lights, heat making slow return - 7
- Day Three in the dark for many in NH - 9
- Londonderry shelter gives residents warm place to stay after power outages - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'