Keene streets damaged by heavy rains on Friday
Water, Concord and North Lincoln streets were the worst hit, said Public Works director Kürt Blomquist.
Bellevue Street, Woodland Avenue, Eastern Avenue, Old Concord Road, Sullivan Street, Rule Street, Roxbury Road and Roxbury Street were also damaged.
“It’s not hundreds of thousands of dollars, but $50,000 to $100,000 worth of damage,” he said.
Like the roads, many yards experienced washout conditions.
The DPW is encouraging residents who have sustained private property damage to call 2-1-1 so that New Hampshire 2-1-1, a Community Resource Program, can compile information and data about the damage so state officials can determine if an assistance program is available to those affected by the flood event.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Powerful storm lashes eastern U.S. with snow, arctic cold - 0
- Forecasters say true to form, March will come in like a lion - 0
- NWS: North Country flooding risk near normal for now - 0
- Device may help solve weighty problem - 0
- Frequent snowstorms taking a toll on Manchester's plowing budget - 1
- After-school activities canceled in New Boston, Goffstown and Dunbarton - 0
- Pembroke extends parking ban - 0
- Latest storm will make it a short day for many students - 3
- Here we go again... Fast-moving storm headed to Granite State - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth