Keene streets damaged by heavy rains on Friday
Water Street was one of several roads closed in Keene Friday as city workers repaired flood damage from Thursday's nearly six inches of rain. (MEGHAN PIERCE PHOTO)
Water, Concord and North Lincoln streets were the worst hit, said Public Works director Kürt Blomquist.
Bellevue Street, Woodland Avenue, Eastern Avenue, Old Concord Road, Sullivan Street, Rule Street, Roxbury Road and Roxbury Street were also damaged.
“It’s not hundreds of thousands of dollars, but $50,000 to $100,000 worth of damage,” he said.
Like the roads, many yards experienced washout conditions.
The DPW is encouraging residents who have sustained private property damage to call 2-1-1 so that New Hampshire 2-1-1, a Community Resource Program, can compile information and data about the damage so state officials can determine if an assistance program is available to those affected by the flood event.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Flash flood warning issued for Southern New Hampshire - 0
- Rare tornado touches down in Revere, Mass., no deaths reported - 0
- Severe weather strikes across Granite State - 0
- Restaurant foundation destabilized by high water raises Route 3 Bridge, downtown Colebrook flooding concerns - 0
- Winchester roads ravaged by heavy rain - 0
- Despite heavy rains, tornado warning, Nashua OK - 0
- Wild weather strikes Granite State - 0
- Perfect weather predicted for weekend events - 0
- NH braces for a soaker, flash floods as Arthur moves up coast - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test