Home » News » Public Safety
Portsmouth boy hit by car on Route 1 now in fair condition
Sanchez's baseball coach and spokesman for the family, Mike Young, said the boy's condition had been upgraded on Monday afternoon, but he remained in the intensive care unit.
His father had come to the high school to pick him up, but Sanchez said he preferred to walk, Young said.
Raul Sanchez began texting his son, and getting no response, headed down to the accident scene.
There he found his son inside an ambulance.
Young said he talks to Raul Sanchez regularly, and he says his son is still in and out of consciousness.
The boy also suffered a fractured eye socket.
Young said although there is swelling in Sanchez's brain, doctors do not think there is any damage to the brain itself.
Young said many people at Portsmouth High School, where Sanchez is a sophomore, and the Babe Ruth League have reached out to ask how they can help the family.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Mercury Systems brings 90 jobs to Hudson - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan - 0
- Sen. Odell won't seek re-election - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Ann Kuster loves Obamacare but won't pay for it - 11
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election