Home » News » Public Safety
Portsmouth boy hit by car on Route 1 now in fair condition
Sanchez's baseball coach and spokesman for the family, Mike Young, said the boy's condition had been upgraded on Monday afternoon, but he remained in the intensive care unit.
His father had come to the high school to pick him up, but Sanchez said he preferred to walk, Young said.
Raul Sanchez began texting his son, and getting no response, headed down to the accident scene.
There he found his son inside an ambulance.
Young said he talks to Raul Sanchez regularly, and he says his son is still in and out of consciousness.
The boy also suffered a fractured eye socket.
Young said although there is swelling in Sanchez's brain, doctors do not think there is any damage to the brain itself.
Young said many people at Portsmouth High School, where Sanchez is a sophomore, and the Babe Ruth League have reached out to ask how they can help the family.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 3
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform