Home » News » Public Safety
Portsmouth boy hit by car on Route 1 now in fair condition
Sanchez's baseball coach and spokesman for the family, Mike Young, said the boy's condition had been upgraded on Monday afternoon, but he remained in the intensive care unit.
His father had come to the high school to pick him up, but Sanchez said he preferred to walk, Young said.
Raul Sanchez began texting his son, and getting no response, headed down to the accident scene.
There he found his son inside an ambulance.
Young said he talks to Raul Sanchez regularly, and he says his son is still in and out of consciousness.
The boy also suffered a fractured eye socket.
Young said although there is swelling in Sanchez's brain, doctors do not think there is any damage to the brain itself.
Young said many people at Portsmouth High School, where Sanchez is a sophomore, and the Babe Ruth League have reached out to ask how they can help the family.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Missing since October, Abby Hernandez is home - 5
- Keene police continue pedestrian collision investigation - 0
- State bomb squad explodes suspicious package in Salem parking lot - 0
- Bodies of downed plane's passengers leave Ukraine crash site for return to Netherlands - 0
- 30-year-old man found dead in Laconia apartment - 0
- AG: Missing Conway teen Abigail Hernandez reunited with family - 10
- Maine man hurt in ATV accident in northern NH - 0
- Police say North Country motor vehicle deaths down - 0
- Hiker rescued from Mount Washington - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Only a freshman, Kennedy excelled on the track - 0
- Looking Back With Aurore Eaton: The Manchester Opera House makes its stunning debut - 0
- Another View -- John Dumais: Mandatory GMO labeling is all cost, no benefit - 0
- What’s the rush? Executive Council follows Pelosi plan - 0
- On Baseball: Fisher Cats prove point - 0
- Evan Turner, Celtics see upside in new deal - 0
- Thunder take two from Fisher Cats - 0
- Ortiz, Drew (4 RBIs each) lead Red Sox hit parade against Blue Jays - 0
- Nashua settles suit over gas collection system - 0
Market Basket workers urged to 'shut it down'; deposed CEO urges fired workers be given jobs back
Shaheen's record: On insurance, it is dismal
Anti-SUV flop: Americans love utility
U.S. appeals courts issue conflicting rulings on Obamacare exchange subsidies such as NH's