Pair of Derry abutters file Dumpster Depot appeals
State Rep. John O’Connor and Brenda Wilson said they each filed an appeal on Friday. O’Connor’s appeal will go before the Zoning Board and Wilson’s appeal before the Planning Board.
In his appeal, O’Connor is challenging a decision by the town’s code enforcement department, alleging that it mistakenly categorized the business as a “contractor’s yard.”
The state representative also sits on the Planning Board, but has recused himself from voting on the plan.
Wilson said she has filed for a re-hearing of the matter and to have it brought back to the Planning Board. If that is rejected, it would then go before the Zoning Board, she said.
Any Dumpster left would have to be covered and remain in the truck under an enclosed canopy at the facility, according to a condition of the plan approved by the Planning Board.
Dumpster Depot owner David Paul has said he understands residents living near the proposed facility don’t want it in their back yard, but that it is allowed in the industrial-zoned section. Paul said last month that he has gone through the legal process and the plan was approved and passed all regulations.
Councilor Mark Osborne, who attended the Aug. 21 meeting, said there are legitimate arguments that could be made for both approval or rejection of the site plan.
Manchester mayor: 'It's the tax cap budget'
Derry woman accused of burglaries
Body of missing NH man found in Vermont
Police seeking heroin epidemic answers
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
IT overload: Bureaucracy on bureaucracy
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start