Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester man assaulted in home invasion
MANCHESTER – A man was hit in the head with a tire iron in a home invasion Saturday night at 664 Grove Street.
Police said a couple was home about 11:30 p.m., when there was a knock on the door. The man, anticipating a food delivery, opened it and two men he did not know burst into the apartment.
One of them hit him in the head with a tire iron, cutting the top of his head.
The men remained inside the apartment for a few minutes, gathering up two laptop computers, three cellphones and some cash. They fled with the property.
A few minutes later, the food delivery person arrived and the couple used his cellphone to call police.
The first robber is described as a 22-year-old white man, about 5-foot-7, with a thin build and two chipped front teeth.
The second man is described as a 27-year-old black man, who was taller and had a thicker build. Police said he was the one who had the tire iron.
Both wore black, hooded sweatshirts and black pants.
Anyone with information about the robbery is asked to call police at 668-8711. Anonymous tips for cash rewards may be made through Manchester Crimeline at 624-4040 or online at manchestercrimeline.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man, 41, dies when car hits pole in front of Nashua Library - 0
- Man wanted in Vermont arrested after high-speed chase in Rochester - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424