Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Paroled murderer in Northfield registers three times over legal limit for DWI
arrested Thursday after threatening and fighting with local police as they tried to question him after finding his car parked off the side of Concord Road just after noon, according to Officer Aaron S. Chapple, the town's drug recognition expert instructor.
to buy alcohol at the Big Apple store in Tilton.
disoriented," Johnson said. He was seen driving away from the store headed toward Northfield.
confronted Johnson, who was "disoriented and appeared to be impaired," Chapple said. He was not cooperative with the officer and refused to follow the officer's requests, and then made statements about wanting to harm himself and others.
about his ownership of guns, and his behavior became more aggressive, Chapple said.
to arrest him for DWI, and he then began fighting with officers for a period before they were able to control him.
was found to have a blood-alcohol content of between 2.4 and 3.0.
the New Hampshire State Prison, where he is also awaiting a hearing on a parole violation.
been convicted in 1981 of second-degree murder as part of a plea-deal with prosecutors. He had originally been charged with the first-degree murder of an Andover homeowner who caught him committing a burglary at his home in 1980.
for the crime. Police were still trying to determine when he was paroled from prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive, assaulted her - 0
- Former Colonial Theatre finance director indicted - 0
- Troy welfare officer indicted for misusing town’s money - 0
- Man arrested for failing to register as sex offender - 0
- Two Keene men charged with burglary and assault - 0
- Shooting victim's spouse's car being searched - 0
- Altercation leads to suspect fleeing, threatening police - 0
- Crash ends high-speed chase in Lyndeborough - 0
- Good Samaritan pins Manchester purse snatcher - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Basketball: Memorial needs shootout to get by Bow - 0
- Man arrested after chase that led from Pelham to Lowell, Mass. - 0
- No shortage of post-holiday shoppers at local stores - 0
- West junior advising College Board on its entrance exams - 0
- Sullivan in the top running for state's Assistant Principal of the Year - 0
- Derry making progress with efforts to honor POWS, MIAs - 0
- Lions Club blood drive draws on spirit of giving - 0
- Last Week's Rare Bird Alert - 0
- Murder suspect fit for trial? - 2
'Interview' buzz spreads to NH
Murder suspect fit for trial?
Pipeline push gets a second wind
Merrimack teen allegedly held girl captive
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483