Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Paroled murderer in Northfield registers three times over legal limit for DWI
arrested Thursday after threatening and fighting with local police as they tried to question him after finding his car parked off the side of Concord Road just after noon, according to Officer Aaron S. Chapple, the town's drug recognition expert instructor.
to buy alcohol at the Big Apple store in Tilton.
disoriented," Johnson said. He was seen driving away from the store headed toward Northfield.
confronted Johnson, who was "disoriented and appeared to be impaired," Chapple said. He was not cooperative with the officer and refused to follow the officer's requests, and then made statements about wanting to harm himself and others.
about his ownership of guns, and his behavior became more aggressive, Chapple said.
to arrest him for DWI, and he then began fighting with officers for a period before they were able to control him.
was found to have a blood-alcohol content of between 2.4 and 3.0.
the New Hampshire State Prison, where he is also awaiting a hearing on a parole violation.
been convicted in 1981 of second-degree murder as part of a plea-deal with prosecutors. He had originally been charged with the first-degree murder of an Andover homeowner who caught him committing a burglary at his home in 1980.
for the crime. Police were still trying to determine when he was paroled from prison.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man accused of menacing woman, assaulting teen - 0
- Dover man sought in Rochester shooting - 1
- Convicted sex offender faces porn charges - 1
- Lawyer takes stand in his own defense at sex assault trial - 0
- Supporters are now 'Abby Strong' - 1
- Judge orders Rolfe to spend 5 years in state hospital - 0
- Trial involving former Derry town administrator delayed - 0
- Months later, cause of Canterbury logger's death remains a mystery - 0
- Derry woman arrested after police pursuit - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Patriots Notebook: Physical Browner brings it - 0
- Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse - 2
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 1
- Punch line: The NFL blows it - 1
- George Will: A conservative internationalism - 0
- Sox Beat: Red Sox haven't made a deal for Lester — yet - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: The Democrats' cynical impeachment play - 0
- Drew Cline: Home is where the really competent governing is done - 1
- Two GOP heavyweights try to get NH fired up about 2014 elections - 0
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Heroes all? A word cheapened by overuse
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us
Punch line: The NFL blows it
Havenstein says he has always opposed Obamacare, though company he led was paid to implement parts of it
George Will: A conservative internationalism
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917