Home » News » Public Safety
Fish & Game officers search for missing Thornton man
N.H. Fish and Game Lt. Jim Kneeland said at 9 p.m. on Saturday Michael Gatto, 51, whose last know address was Thornton, was reported missing from the banks of the Baker River.
Early Sunday morning searchers were joined by volunteers from New England K-9, the Upper Valley Wilderness Response Team and the New Hampshire Marine Patrol. Volunteers also spent time searching by air and by kayak along the Baker and Pemigewasset rivers, as far down river as Bristol.
As of 5:30 p.m. Sunday no information as to Gatto's whereabouts had been uncovered. Anyone with information is asked to contact the Plymouth police 536-1804 or N.H. Fish and Game at 271-3361.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
- Another View - Ahad Fazelat: How Medicare reimbursement numbers are misleading - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'