Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Father, son try to rob Nashua bingo hall, police say
According to a news release, police responded to a call at Eagles Wing's Function Hall, 10 Spruce St., at 8:35 p.m., for a report of an armed robbery in progress.
Police said when they arrived at the scene, they found Charles Preston, 46, of 42 Worcester St., Apt. 2, Nashua, inside the business being restrained by several employees. They also found Charles's son Justin Preston, 20, also of 42 Worcester St., outside the business.
According to police, Charles Preston went into the hall's office armed with a handgun and demanded cash.
"Other employees present, but not in the office observed the robbery and physically confronted Charles, ultimately pinning him to the ground," according to the news release. "They were able to hold him there until officers arrived."
Police said no one was hurt in the incident.
Charles Preston was charged with robbery, a Class A felony. Justin Preston was charged with criminal liability to robbery, also Class A felony. Both are scheduled to be arraigned in the 9th Circuit Court Nashua Division on Monday.
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
- Manchester man arrested for attempted robbery in Laconia - 0
- Dover man among two sought in connection with Maine murder - 0
- High-speed chase starts in NH, ends in Massachusetts - 1
- Justices send drug case back to Rockingham County Superior Court - 0
- Backlash from former detective's early release increasing - 9
- East Kingston man sentenced to prison in sex assault case - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Philadelphia outlasts Revolution, weather in U.S. Open Cup - 0
- Rock Cats sweep Fishers in rain-makeup doubleheader - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917