Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Father, son try to rob Nashua bingo hall, police say
According to a news release, police responded to a call at Eagles Wing's Function Hall, 10 Spruce St., at 8:35 p.m., for a report of an armed robbery in progress.
Police said when they arrived at the scene, they found Charles Preston, 46, of 42 Worcester St., Apt. 2, Nashua, inside the business being restrained by several employees. They also found Charles's son Justin Preston, 20, also of 42 Worcester St., outside the business.
According to police, Charles Preston went into the hall's office armed with a handgun and demanded cash.
"Other employees present, but not in the office observed the robbery and physically confronted Charles, ultimately pinning him to the ground," according to the news release. "They were able to hold him there until officers arrived."
Police said no one was hurt in the incident.
Charles Preston was charged with robbery, a Class A felony. Justin Preston was charged with criminal liability to robbery, also Class A felony. Both are scheduled to be arraigned in the 9th Circuit Court Nashua Division on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 29
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424