Dec 4, 2014
Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Father, son try to rob Nashua bingo hall, police say
According to a news release, police responded to a call at Eagles Wing's Function Hall, 10 Spruce St., at 8:35 p.m., for a report of an armed robbery in progress.
Police said when they arrived at the scene, they found Charles Preston, 46, of 42 Worcester St., Apt. 2, Nashua, inside the business being restrained by several employees. They also found Charles's son Justin Preston, 20, also of 42 Worcester St., outside the business.
According to police, Charles Preston went into the hall's office armed with a handgun and demanded cash.
"Other employees present, but not in the office observed the robbery and physically confronted Charles, ultimately pinning him to the ground," according to the news release. "They were able to hold him there until officers arrived."
Police said no one was hurt in the incident.
Charles Preston was charged with robbery, a Class A felony. Justin Preston was charged with criminal liability to robbery, also Class A felony. Both are scheduled to be arraigned in the 9th Circuit Court Nashua Division on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hunt pair they believe attacked couple at Rochester motel - 0
- Phone evidence likely allowed in Hampstead home invasion trial - 0
- Grand jury indicts one of three men accused in murder of Madbury teen - 0
- Piano teacher wants statement tossed before sex assault trial - 0
- Police say woman tried to steal 15 iPads - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: City man charged with felony cruelty to animals - 0
- Winchester cold case murder solved; investigators say serial killer died in prison - 0
- Second bomb threat in a week at Farmington High School - 1
- Rochester teen indicted for murder of Madbury teen - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Will they get everything on their list? - 0
- Tuohy brothers add new restaurant in familiar spot - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: The fiscal mismanagement in Washington is a choice - 0
- 'Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Claus' - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Palker hat trick paces Bedford triumph - 0
- Police look for Laconia sub shop robber - 0
- Furious Celtics' rally falls short - 0
- Bruins stop Predators, 5-3 - 0
- Former President Bush, 90, hospitalized in Texas - 0
Londonderry schools placed on lockdown after soldier's unplanned visit to high school causes alarm
Slandering police: Racism in reverse
Police look for Laconia sub shop robber
Win tickets to see Linkin Park
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483