Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Father, son try to rob Nashua bingo hall, police say
According to a news release, police responded to a call at Eagles Wing's Function Hall, 10 Spruce St., at 8:35 p.m., for a report of an armed robbery in progress.
Police said when they arrived at the scene, they found Charles Preston, 46, of 42 Worcester St., Apt. 2, Nashua, inside the business being restrained by several employees. They also found Charles's son Justin Preston, 20, also of 42 Worcester St., outside the business.
According to police, Charles Preston went into the hall's office armed with a handgun and demanded cash.
"Other employees present, but not in the office observed the robbery and physically confronted Charles, ultimately pinning him to the ground," according to the news release. "They were able to hold him there until officers arrived."
Police said no one was hurt in the incident.
Charles Preston was charged with robbery, a Class A felony. Justin Preston was charged with criminal liability to robbery, also Class A felony. Both are scheduled to be arraigned in the 9th Circuit Court Nashua Division on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 7
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 3
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief