Miss NH fails to make top 15 in Miss America competition; Miss New York wins
Russo was not chosen as one of the top 15 finalists in the competition, and was eliminated during the first cut.
On Saturday, Russo took part in the Parade of Shoes, opting for a baseball theme because of a personal connection with Holman Stadium in Nashua. Her shoes were white and bedazzled with red to look like baseball stitches, with the heels made to look like miniature baseball bats.
After being crowned Miss New Hampshire, Russo was awarded a $13,500 scholarship, which went toward paying off her student loans.
Russo was vying to become the first New Hampshire woman to win the title of Miss America.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.