Home » News » Public Safety
Abu Dhabi woman rescued on Mount Lafayette after injuring leg
According to the Fish and Game Department, Nichole Gammans, 40, of Abu Dhabi, had hiked to the summit of Lafayette and was descending the Falling Waters Trail when she slipped on wet rocks. Passing hikers called 911 for help and also aided rescuers in the carryout.
Rescuers from Fish and Game and Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue reached the injured woman around 2:30 p.m., and the group carried her about a mile to the trail head in heavy rain.
She was taken by ambulance to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth for treatment.
The incident prompted Conservation Officer Jeremy Hawkes to remind hikers to use extra caution on the trails this weekend due to the recent heavy rains.
"The trails are extremely slippery and some of the trail river crossings could be difficult to negotiate or impassable due to flooding," he said.
For information on safe hiking, visit hikesafe.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown residents slow to vote so far - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Voter turnout is low but steady in Bedford - 0
- Due to snow forecast, Farmington decides to wait a week to decide on town issues - 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus