Home » News » Public Safety
Abu Dhabi woman rescued on Mount Lafayette after injuring leg
According to the Fish and Game Department, Nichole Gammans, 40, of Abu Dhabi, had hiked to the summit of Lafayette and was descending the Falling Waters Trail when she slipped on wet rocks. Passing hikers called 911 for help and also aided rescuers in the carryout.
Rescuers from Fish and Game and Pemigewasset Valley Search and Rescue reached the injured woman around 2:30 p.m., and the group carried her about a mile to the trail head in heavy rain.
She was taken by ambulance to Speare Memorial Hospital in Plymouth for treatment.
The incident prompted Conservation Officer Jeremy Hawkes to remind hikers to use extra caution on the trails this weekend due to the recent heavy rains.
"The trails are extremely slippery and some of the trail river crossings could be difficult to negotiate or impassable due to flooding," he said.
For information on safe hiking, visit hikesafe.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?