Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon fire displaces tenants
Arriving firefighters found smoke coming from a second-floor window in a rear apartment of the two-story building at 91A Hanover St. shortly after 11:15 a.m., according to the fire department. The fire was declared under control about a half hour later.
The remainder of the back of the building sustained minor smoke and water damage. The tenants of at least one unit have been displaced. Fire officials and the property management company were evaluating the other seven units for smoke and water damage to determine if those units could be reoccupied.
The American Red Cross responded and assisted all displaced residents with lodging and other assistance.
No injuries were reported.
Fire units from Hanover and Hartford, Vt., assisted at the scene while Enfield firefighters provided station coverage.
The cause is under investigation but not considered suspicious, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire - 0
- 2 officers, Weare face civil suit over 2012 burglary arrest - 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Salem man faces DWI charge after Manchester crash - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: It's time to make legislative sausage - 0
- Memory of bombings remains vivid for those who were there - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: No power play in aldermanic chambers, mayor in good spirits - 1
- On Baseball: Locke pitches game in minor league rehab - 0
- NH's top prospects happy to be part of Boston - 0
- Relative newcomers vie for Boston title - 0
- NH College Notebook: Franklin Pierce's King named to 18U coaching staff - 0
- Andy Schachat's On the Run: New Hampshire makes a big deal about Boston Marathon - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Havenstein: 'I'm a pro-choice Republican'
A cellphone ban: Ignoring inconvenient data
Downhill: Obamacare vs. ski areas
Mike Cote's Business Editor's Notebook: Restaurant owner faces up to challenge of Obamacare
'He is risen': 'As he said'