Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon fire displaces tenants
Arriving firefighters found smoke coming from a second-floor window in a rear apartment of the two-story building at 91A Hanover St. shortly after 11:15 a.m., according to the fire department. The fire was declared under control about a half hour later.
The remainder of the back of the building sustained minor smoke and water damage. The tenants of at least one unit have been displaced. Fire officials and the property management company were evaluating the other seven units for smoke and water damage to determine if those units could be reoccupied.
The American Red Cross responded and assisted all displaced residents with lodging and other assistance.
No injuries were reported.
Fire units from Hanover and Hartford, Vt., assisted at the scene while Enfield firefighters provided station coverage.
The cause is under investigation but not considered suspicious, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
- Wakefield woman dies in crash; Rye woman crashes into utility pole - 0
- Wakefield woman killed in Milton crash - 0
- Portsmouth police locate, arrest driver after accident - 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Fire damages building at Jaffrey transfer station - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bonners host charity music festival in Portsmouth - 0
- He knows the Memorial Wall, name by name - 0
- NH to host New England governors, Eastern Canadian premiers in Mount Washington - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain