Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon fire displaces tenants
Arriving firefighters found smoke coming from a second-floor window in a rear apartment of the two-story building at 91A Hanover St. shortly after 11:15 a.m., according to the fire department. The fire was declared under control about a half hour later.
The remainder of the back of the building sustained minor smoke and water damage. The tenants of at least one unit have been displaced. Fire officials and the property management company were evaluating the other seven units for smoke and water damage to determine if those units could be reoccupied.
The American Red Cross responded and assisted all displaced residents with lodging and other assistance.
No injuries were reported.
Fire units from Hanover and Hartford, Vt., assisted at the scene while Enfield firefighters provided station coverage.
The cause is under investigation but not considered suspicious, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Tractor-trailer pulls down poles, wires, closing part of Route 28 in Epsom - 0
- Commission honors seven for contributions to state firefighter training - 0
- Lost hikers found safe in Gilsum - 1
- Woman thrown from horse, injured - 0
- Stove ash blamed for Manchester garage fire - 0
- Derry Battalion Chief calls firefighter son a 'hero' for rescuing two boys from Hood Pond - 1
- Epsom trucker, 65, killed in I-93 crash in Salem - 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: It took a while, but now they're on Wright track - 0
- Newmarket blacksmith has forged a career shaping the elementsof steel - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: We need to rethink some of our county government positions - 0
- Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass. - 0
- H.S. Football Power Poll: No doubt - Astros finish on top - 0
- College Hockey: Wildcats home to RPI on Tuesday night - 0
- Manchester school board OK's contract for driver’s ed program - 0
- Unrest erupts after grand jury decides against charges in Ferguson, Mo., shooting - 0
- Malkin, Crosby foil Bruins in overtime - 0
Clinton has 'historic' lead in poll
Sources say former White House Chief of Staff Andy Card to be tapped as Franklin Pierce president
Randy Johnson, Pedro, Smoltz lead HOF ballot
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.