Home » News » Public Safety
Lebanon fire displaces tenants
Arriving firefighters found smoke coming from a second-floor window in a rear apartment of the two-story building at 91A Hanover St. shortly after 11:15 a.m., according to the fire department. The fire was declared under control about a half hour later.
The remainder of the back of the building sustained minor smoke and water damage. The tenants of at least one unit have been displaced. Fire officials and the property management company were evaluating the other seven units for smoke and water damage to determine if those units could be reoccupied.
The American Red Cross responded and assisted all displaced residents with lodging and other assistance.
No injuries were reported.
Fire units from Hanover and Hartford, Vt., assisted at the scene while Enfield firefighters provided station coverage.
The cause is under investigation but not considered suspicious, authorities said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
READER COMMENTS: 12
- Manchester woman wakes to find burglar in home - 0
- UNH hires former Attorney General Delaney to investigate reporting delays on athletic improprieties - 0
- No dice: House kills casino gambling bill - 1
- Poetry Out Loud championship rescheduled due to storm - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- SCORE workshop offers social media tips - 0
- Sens. Shaheen, Ayotte slam latest push for online sales tax - 5
- Bedford girls basketball team spreads the scoring wealth - 0
- New Hampshire high school athletes on the run (and jumping) in NYC - 0
SCORE workshop offers social media tips
Minimum wages: Maximum spin
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown doles out $29k to NHGOP committees from his PAC
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal