Home » News » Public Safety
Search on after East Washington woman, 71, reported missing
According to a press release, the woman is five feet tall with a slight build, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has shoulder-length, white hair and usually wears a black cape and flowing dresses in a style such as Amish and Mennonite women wear.
Police said Blakney's family told authorities she recently learned she was not allowed to return to a religious mission for children in Ethiopia because of changes in her mental acuity.
On Thursday, police said, she burned some personal effects and told her son to "prepare to carry out instructions that were in place for her passing."
She then left the house and secured the door so that her family was delayed in getting out. So it was unclear whether she left on foot or was picked up by someone, police said.
Anyone with information regarding Blakney's whereabouts and condition is asked to call Washington police at 495-3233.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Authorities say smoking ignited oxygen in Derry apartment building fire - 1
- Motorcyclist flown to Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 - 0
- Londonderry police to open station to residents - 0
- Affair, threats alleged in Weare police chief investigation - 9
- Cause of 3-alarm Derry fire remains under investigation - 0
- Claremont police warn public about suspicious soda bottles - 1
- Mechanical failure ruled out in fatal plane crash that claimed lives of two Kingston men - 0
- UPDATED: Cause of three-alarm Derry blaze under investigation - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
- Young fighters' dreams on display tonight at Fight to Educate - 0
- Drew Cline: When Republicans turn off Republicans - 7
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester
Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding?
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Every vote counts: Here is the proof