Home » News » Public Safety
Search on after East Washington woman, 71, reported missing
According to a press release, the woman is five feet tall with a slight build, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has shoulder-length, white hair and usually wears a black cape and flowing dresses in a style such as Amish and Mennonite women wear.
Police said Blakney's family told authorities she recently learned she was not allowed to return to a religious mission for children in Ethiopia because of changes in her mental acuity.
On Thursday, police said, she burned some personal effects and told her son to "prepare to carry out instructions that were in place for her passing."
She then left the house and secured the door so that her family was delayed in getting out. So it was unclear whether she left on foot or was picked up by someone, police said.
Anyone with information regarding Blakney's whereabouts and condition is asked to call Washington police at 495-3233.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
- Pre-St. Pat's party at UMass turns violent, 43 arrested - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus