Home » News » Public Safety
Search on after East Washington woman, 71, reported missing
According to a press release, the woman is five feet tall with a slight build, and weighs about 115 pounds. She has shoulder-length, white hair and usually wears a black cape and flowing dresses in a style such as Amish and Mennonite women wear.
Police said Blakney's family told authorities she recently learned she was not allowed to return to a religious mission for children in Ethiopia because of changes in her mental acuity.
On Thursday, police said, she burned some personal effects and told her son to "prepare to carry out instructions that were in place for her passing."
She then left the house and secured the door so that her family was delayed in getting out. So it was unclear whether she left on foot or was picked up by someone, police said.
Anyone with information regarding Blakney's whereabouts and condition is asked to call Washington police at 495-3233.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Group raising money for family of Raymond man killed by boulder - 0
- Newly renovated Blair Covered Bridge damaged by truck - 0
- Nashua man who died jumping off bridge to escape heat identified - 0
- Pit bull owner sought in fatal attack on another dog near Tuckerman Ravine - 15
- Man's body pulled from Merrimack River - 0
- Free gun lock giveway begins Sept. 1 in Conway - 0
- Victim identified in fatal Pelham motorcycle accident - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident identified as local man, 24 - 0
- Manchester man seriously injured after driving into oncoming traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree - 0
- Hanover boys soccer edges defense-minded BG - 0
- NH Fisher Cats, Pierre stun Rock Cats in 4-3 win - 0
- Helping hands for new St. Anselm students in Manchester on move in day - 0
- To market, to market: Market Basket shoppers flock on in - 0
- Nashua Market Basket employee: 'Worth every day of work lost' - 0
- NH teen killers to get sentence reviews after state Supreme Court decision - 0
- Manchester raid came 8 months after home invasion - 0
- NH killer in 1991 Smart trial seeks time with wife - 0
Where is Shaheen? Hiding from you
Goffstown's Bourque impresses; Memorial, Bishop Guertin, Pinkerton win in Queen City Jamboree
Hooksett highs: A good multiple choice test