Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Nashua man arrested for assaulting girl, 16
Devonta Soto, 20, of 7 Forge Drive, is accused of assaulting the girl and engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15 year-old at the time, authorities said. Police said there was some type of romantic relationship between the two.
Soto is charged with two counts of domestic violence: second-degree assault; domestic violence: criminal restraint; felonious sexual assault; domestic violence: criminal mischief; and eight counts of domestic violence: simple assault, according to authorities.
Police said they went to a local hospital on July 30 for a report of a 16-year-old girl being treated for injuries sustained during a domestic assault. The victim had reportedly been choked, punched and kicked by Soto at a Nashua residence and was not allowed by him to leave, police said.
Soto also broke the victim's cellphone during the incident as well, according to police. The victim sustained bruising from the assaults, authorities said. She was treated and released from the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The sexual assault charges resulted from Soto allegedly engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15, police said.
Soto is being held on $75,000 cash bail pending arraignment in the 9th Circuit Nashua District Division Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Exeter police say man briefly suffocated 3-year-old girl - 0
- Police say Raymond man hit friend who tried to stop him from driving drunk - 0
- Affidavit: Driver accused in fatal Nashua hit and run had been drinking - 3
- Londonderry coach found not guilty in girl's sex assault - 1
- Police: Convicted Antrim sex offender mentored child he molested - 1
- Raymond man charged with hitting friend with his vehicle - 0
- NH Supreme Court reject's Addison appeal to remove AG's prosecuting team - 6
- Manchester man convicted on drug, weapons counts - 2
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact - 0
- Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video - 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: Gatsas incensed by unauthorized use of his phone number for 'robocalls' - 0
- Garry Rayno's State House Dome: Vote on death penalty repeal set for Wednesday - 0
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Newest Monarchs making impact - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Aging catchers cause for concern - 0
- Ted Siefer's City Hall: It was all about chickens, alleged threats and nocturnal wanderings - 1
NH delays enforcing liquor warehouse pact
Two-alarm blaze at vacant building in Nashua
Planned Parenthood funds S&M Web video
Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness