Apr 19, 2014
Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Nashua man arrested for assaulting girl, 16
Devonta Soto, 20, of 7 Forge Drive, is accused of assaulting the girl and engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15 year-old at the time, authorities said. Police said there was some type of romantic relationship between the two.
Soto is charged with two counts of domestic violence: second-degree assault; domestic violence: criminal restraint; felonious sexual assault; domestic violence: criminal mischief; and eight counts of domestic violence: simple assault, according to authorities.
Police said they went to a local hospital on July 30 for a report of a 16-year-old girl being treated for injuries sustained during a domestic assault. The victim had reportedly been choked, punched and kicked by Soto at a Nashua residence and was not allowed by him to leave, police said.
Soto also broke the victim's cellphone during the incident as well, according to police. The victim sustained bruising from the assaults, authorities said. She was treated and released from the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The sexual assault charges resulted from Soto allegedly engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15, police said.
Soto is being held on $75,000 cash bail pending arraignment in the 9th Circuit Nashua District Division Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 7
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917