Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Nashua man arrested for assaulting girl, 16
Devonta Soto, 20, of 7 Forge Drive, is accused of assaulting the girl and engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15 year-old at the time, authorities said. Police said there was some type of romantic relationship between the two.
Soto is charged with two counts of domestic violence: second-degree assault; domestic violence: criminal restraint; felonious sexual assault; domestic violence: criminal mischief; and eight counts of domestic violence: simple assault, according to authorities.
Police said they went to a local hospital on July 30 for a report of a 16-year-old girl being treated for injuries sustained during a domestic assault. The victim had reportedly been choked, punched and kicked by Soto at a Nashua residence and was not allowed by him to leave, police said.
Soto also broke the victim's cellphone during the incident as well, according to police. The victim sustained bruising from the assaults, authorities said. She was treated and released from the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The sexual assault charges resulted from Soto allegedly engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15, police said.
Soto is being held on $75,000 cash bail pending arraignment in the 9th Circuit Nashua District Division Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pembroke man charged with reckless driving after police clock motorcyclists at 120 mph - 2
- Rochester police warn residents about rash of vehicle break-ins - 0
- Keene mother of toddler pleads to interference of custody - 0
- Pembroke man arrested after police clock group of motorcycles topping 120 mph in Manchester - 1
- Keene woman pleads guilty in hit-and-run that killed cyclist - 2
- Cornish man charged with manslaughter in deadly Merrimack dump truck collision - 1
- Manchester Crime Watch: City man sought to fight charge representing himself - 0
- Chilling display of Mazzaglia evidence - 0
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 0
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 0
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A humbling — and inspiring — event - 0
- Developer says proposed LNG plant in Groveton 'on hold' - 0
- Motivation Matters: 'Giving 110 percent' says more than you think - 0
- Know the Law: Do I need a prenup? - 0
- Life's just a great big game for Dan Yarrington - 0
Win tickets to see Cher's D2K Tour
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH
Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917