Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Nashua man arrested for assaulting girl, 16
Devonta Soto, 20, of 7 Forge Drive, is accused of assaulting the girl and engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15 year-old at the time, authorities said. Police said there was some type of romantic relationship between the two.
Soto is charged with two counts of domestic violence: second-degree assault; domestic violence: criminal restraint; felonious sexual assault; domestic violence: criminal mischief; and eight counts of domestic violence: simple assault, according to authorities.
Police said they went to a local hospital on July 30 for a report of a 16-year-old girl being treated for injuries sustained during a domestic assault. The victim had reportedly been choked, punched and kicked by Soto at a Nashua residence and was not allowed by him to leave, police said.
Soto also broke the victim's cellphone during the incident as well, according to police. The victim sustained bruising from the assaults, authorities said. She was treated and released from the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The sexual assault charges resulted from Soto allegedly engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15, police said.
Soto is being held on $75,000 cash bail pending arraignment in the 9th Circuit Nashua District Division Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 31
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424