Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Nashua man arrested for assaulting girl, 16
Devonta Soto, 20, of 7 Forge Drive, is accused of assaulting the girl and engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15 year-old at the time, authorities said. Police said there was some type of romantic relationship between the two.
Soto is charged with two counts of domestic violence: second-degree assault; domestic violence: criminal restraint; felonious sexual assault; domestic violence: criminal mischief; and eight counts of domestic violence: simple assault, according to authorities.
Police said they went to a local hospital on July 30 for a report of a 16-year-old girl being treated for injuries sustained during a domestic assault. The victim had reportedly been choked, punched and kicked by Soto at a Nashua residence and was not allowed by him to leave, police said.
Soto also broke the victim's cellphone during the incident as well, according to police. The victim sustained bruising from the assaults, authorities said. She was treated and released from the hospital with injuries not believed to be life-threatening.
The sexual assault charges resulted from Soto allegedly engaging in sexual relations with the victim when she was 15, police said.
Soto is being held on $75,000 cash bail pending arraignment in the 9th Circuit Nashua District Division Court on Monday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Farmington fire chief waives arraignment on theft charges - 0
- $50k bail for two charged with beating pizza delivery man - 0
- Latest round of riot arrests includes 5 Keene State students - 0
- Suspected Pa. cop-killer Eric Frein taken into custody - 0
- Anonymous tip leads to arrest of moose poacher - 0
- Man facing robbery charges sentenced on probation violations - 0
- Victim in Hampton pedestrian crash files lawsuit against driver, town and state - 0
- Dover police say man broke into same business three times - 0
- Two more Keene State College students charged in riots - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Misleading women: Does Kuster think they're bad at math? - 0
- Another View -- Cass R. Sunstein: The hidden tax you pay when you wait - 0
- John Stossel: Incumbents almost always win - 0
- New parking system troubles businesses in downtown Bristol - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Campbell boys pull upset - 0
- Marchand scores 2, B's win - 0
- Where you go to college could be an issue at the polls - 0
- Ex-Nashua deputy police chief sues city and outgoing police chief - 0
- Manchester pub crawl leads to arrest of four - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer
School's out for voters
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483