NHIAA Football: Pinkerton rushes way to a win
His team overcame a 14-0 deficit to defeat Central, 37-20, in Derry Friday. Pinkerton runners, led by Manny Latimore, racked up 247 yards rushing.
Pinkerton dug itself a hole early with two quick turnovers. A fumble on the handoff to Manny Lattimore gave Central the ball on the 19.
On the ensuing Astros possession, Central’s Tyler Kelly intercepted a pass from Jacob Froehlich and Central had the ball again at their 33.
But the tables turned in the second quarter when Central began coughing up the ball.
Then with only seconds remaining on the clock another Central gave the Astros the ball at the Little Green 49.
Central received the ball to start the third quarter and Wade fumbled again at the Central 39. Jason Hanson capped off the drive with a three-yard plunge to make it 23-14 Astros.
A fake punt helped the Astros extend their next drive and it led to another Jason Hanson touchdown to make it 30-20.
Finally Lattimore punched it in from three yards out and the Astros had a 17-point win.
“They have an excellent offensive line and running backs,” Ray added. “If you aren’t in the exact right place you will get beat.”
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released