NHIAA Football: Pinkerton rushes way to a win
His team overcame a 14-0 deficit to defeat Central, 37-20, in Derry Friday. Pinkerton runners, led by Manny Latimore, racked up 247 yards rushing.
Pinkerton dug itself a hole early with two quick turnovers. A fumble on the handoff to Manny Lattimore gave Central the ball on the 19.
On the ensuing Astros possession, Central’s Tyler Kelly intercepted a pass from Jacob Froehlich and Central had the ball again at their 33.
But the tables turned in the second quarter when Central began coughing up the ball.
Then with only seconds remaining on the clock another Central gave the Astros the ball at the Little Green 49.
Central received the ball to start the third quarter and Wade fumbled again at the Central 39. Jason Hanson capped off the drive with a three-yard plunge to make it 23-14 Astros.
A fake punt helped the Astros extend their next drive and it led to another Jason Hanson touchdown to make it 30-20.
Finally Lattimore punched it in from three yards out and the Astros had a 17-point win.
“They have an excellent offensive line and running backs,” Ray added. “If you aren’t in the exact right place you will get beat.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man charged with driving 115 mph on I-93 - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- Tilton police search for store robber - 0
- Busy Executive Council confirms judges, PUC commissioner, approves renewable energy grants - 1
- State declares "Air Quality Action Day" in Monadnock region - 0
- Hannaford opening in vacant Stop & Shop building in Exeter - 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved