NHIAA Football Roundup: Vailas scores three to lead Bedford in romp over West
Bedford QB Michael Landman dives for the goal line against West in Manchester on Friday. (Thomas Roy/Union Leader)
NHIAA FOOTBALL SCOREBOARD, SCHEDULEFRIDAY NIGHT
Concord 52, Salem 13
Bishop Guertin 42, Dover 20
Merrimack 53, Memorial 47
Bedford 61, Manchester West 0
Pinkerton 37, Man. Central 20
Spaulding 27, Timberlane 14
W'cunnet 20, Nashua North 17
Nashua South 35, Alvirne 0
Kingswood 38, ConVal 6
Merrimack Val. 39, Kearsarge 0
Trinity 30, Milford 20
Portsmouth 35, Laconia 0
Hanover 25, Souhegan 21
Monadnock 20, Lebanon 7
Bow 49, Franklin 0
Pelham 56, Newport 6
Fall Mountain 28, Raymond 20
Bp Brady at Somersworth, ppd.
Campbell 21, Stevens 20
- - - - - - --
L'derry at Goffstown, 1:30 p.m.
Exeter at Keene, 7 p.m.
J. Stark at Pembroke, 1:30 p.m.
Kennett at St. Thomas,1:30 p.m.
P'mouth at Windham, 1:30 p.m.
Sanborn at H/Brookline, 7 p.m.
N'found at E/N'market, 1:30 p.m.
Winnisq'm at Gilford, 1:30 p.m.
I-Lakes/M. at M'coma, 1:30 p.m.
Aaron Palys, Michael Collins and Conor Harrison chipped in with rushing touchdowns and Nick Vailas snagged an interception. Kicker Keelan McCool connected on seven PAT kicks. West fell to 0-2.
Nashua South 35, Alvirne 0: At Nashua on Friday afternoon, the Purple Panthers finished what they started on Thursday night. Nashua led 21-0 when Thursday's game was suspended midway through the third quarter by lightning.
Spaulding 27, Timberlane 14: At Plaistow, Trey Scott and Tyler Snow led the Red Raider ground game and each scored a touchdown. Scott carried 23 times for 159 yards and Snow 17 for 102. Tyler Furey had 20 carries for 131 yards and a score for Timberlane.
Bow 49, Franklin 0: At Franklin, senior Travis Reynolds scored a pair of touchdowns and was 7-for-7 in conversion kicks to lead the Falcons. Chris Robbins also scored twice. The Falcons had seven rushing touchdowns. Franklin fell to 0-2.
READER COMMENTS: 3
- Bow man sworned in as New Hampshire's Army civilian aide - 0
- Freedom Salute for NH Guard unit is Saturday in Concord - 0
- New squadron operations building at Pease ANG base opens - 0
- Military says ordnance blast killed four U.S. Marines in California - 0
- Pakistani Taliban chief killed in drone strike, possibly scuttling peace talks - 0
- USS Alexandria arrives at Portsmouth shipyard - 0
- Officials say U.S. commandos capture al Qaeda leader in Libya, also raid Somalia - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan