Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Well-traveled Joe Morrow settling in with Bruins
Morrow, the 23rd overall pick in the 2011 draft, was part of a package sent from Pittsburgh to Dallas for Brenden Morrow last February. Then he was part of the megadeal that brought him to the Bruins with Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser for Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley.
“You’re not playing against boys anymore in junior,” said Morrow, who is likely headed to AHL Providence. “I felt I was one of the higher-end players in junior and I didn’t have to worry about anyone pushing me around, but you trade from boys to men and there are definitely some big guys that are trying to hurt you out there. And there are guys with immense amounts of skill that will make you look like an idiot.
The most interesting competition of the camp will be for the two open third line spots. It’s a good bet that Chris Kelly will be on it somewhere, but the rest of the unit could be filled out by two among Carl Soderberg, Daniel Paille, Jordan Caron, Ryan Spooner, Smith or Fraser.
“I think ideally, we saw the line that we liked when we won the Cup,” Julien said. “We had Kelly, Peverley and (Michael) Ryder. Not only were they a dependable line, but they were able to give us some scoring. In a perfect world, you’ve got your top two lines that you’d like to see score on a regular basis. Your third line should be able to give you some secondary scoring and also some secondary grit that your fourth line gives you.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man charged with driving 115 mph on I-93 - 0
- Charges upgraded against man who killed 2 in I-89 crash - 1
- Tilton police search for store robber - 0
- Busy Executive Council confirms judges, PUC commissioner, approves renewable energy grants - 1
- State declares "Air Quality Action Day" in Monadnock region - 0
- Hannaford opening in vacant Stop & Shop building in Exeter - 0
- Charlestown family hospitalized after fire - 0
- No bail for Keene McLeod murder case - 0
- Police identify victim of fatal Milford crash as Merrimack man - 0
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Drug addicts driving spike in robberies
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Dunbarton nixes man's poultry plan
Popular West High School official moved