Home » Sports » Hockey » Bruins/NHL
Well-traveled Joe Morrow settling in with Bruins
Morrow, the 23rd overall pick in the 2011 draft, was part of a package sent from Pittsburgh to Dallas for Brenden Morrow last February. Then he was part of the megadeal that brought him to the Bruins with Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser for Tyler Seguin and Rich Peverley.
“You’re not playing against boys anymore in junior,” said Morrow, who is likely headed to AHL Providence. “I felt I was one of the higher-end players in junior and I didn’t have to worry about anyone pushing me around, but you trade from boys to men and there are definitely some big guys that are trying to hurt you out there. And there are guys with immense amounts of skill that will make you look like an idiot.
The most interesting competition of the camp will be for the two open third line spots. It’s a good bet that Chris Kelly will be on it somewhere, but the rest of the unit could be filled out by two among Carl Soderberg, Daniel Paille, Jordan Caron, Ryan Spooner, Smith or Fraser.
“I think ideally, we saw the line that we liked when we won the Cup,” Julien said. “We had Kelly, Peverley and (Michael) Ryder. Not only were they a dependable line, but they were able to give us some scoring. In a perfect world, you’ve got your top two lines that you’d like to see score on a regular basis. Your third line should be able to give you some secondary scoring and also some secondary grit that your fourth line gives you.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Police: Body found in Portsmouth creek not missing UNH student - 0
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 1
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released