Home » News » Public Safety
Hillsborough County Attorney: No charges in fatal I-293 crash
Andrew Roy, 19, of Bedford died in an early-morning crash at Exit 2 on I-293 in Manchester. Friends and loved ones have added photos, flowers and wreckage from Roy's car to a memorial at the site. (Shawne K. Wickham/Sunday News)
"In this particular case, he is just a kind of normal kid driving home. Should he have done it? Probably he should have got some sleep. But it doesn't rise to the actions of being negligent," LaFrance said.
Bolser, now 20, did not return a call for comment Thursday.
But in August 2012, he told the New Hampshire Sunday News: "Andrew's been my best friend since we were about 13 years old."
Unlike criminal charges, which require the state to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt, plaintiffs must prove their case by a preponderance of the evidence — a lower standard — to prevail in a civil complaint.
"I can't imagine this is now my forever," she said. "Every piece of my broken heart hurts and misses him till we meet again."
He also was fined $500. A third charge, possession of a controlled drug, was dropped, according to the court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack fire quickly doused - 0
- UPDATED: One seriously hurt, 12 homeless after early morning Manchester fire - 0
- Snowmobiler injured while riding on Thornton golf course - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- NH hospital personnel to train for disasters - 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Parents share what 'CJ' taught them - 0
- Gilford High junior surprised by Francis Wayland Parker honor - 0
- Police bill disputed by Stewartstown and Colebrook ends up in court - 0
- New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay - 0
- Arts-based charter high school in Derry begins accepting applications - 0
- Troy voters accept community center donation - 0
- Voters support Bow School District articles - 0
- License revocations for DWI announced - 0
- Nashua mayor: Greeley Park is right spot for playground - 0
Police at scene of Center Ossipee shooting
New to Nottingham, fire victims plan to stay
Litchfield man found stabbed
Scott Brown's latest step stirs the pot
Hooksett's choices: Leave them to parents