Home » News » Public Safety
Hillsborough County Attorney: No charges in fatal I-293 crash
Andrew Roy, 19, of Bedford died in an early-morning crash at Exit 2 on I-293 in Manchester. Friends and loved ones have added photos, flowers and wreckage from Roy's car to a memorial at the site. (Shawne K. Wickham/Sunday News)
"In this particular case, he is just a kind of normal kid driving home. Should he have done it? Probably he should have got some sleep. But it doesn't rise to the actions of being negligent," LaFrance said.
Bolser, now 20, did not return a call for comment Thursday.
But in August 2012, he told the New Hampshire Sunday News: "Andrew's been my best friend since we were about 13 years old."
Unlike criminal charges, which require the state to prove its case beyond a reasonable doubt, plaintiffs must prove their case by a preponderance of the evidence — a lower standard — to prevail in a civil complaint.
"I can't imagine this is now my forever," she said. "Every piece of my broken heart hurts and misses him till we meet again."
He also was fined $500. A third charge, possession of a controlled drug, was dropped, according to the court.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two taken to hospital after suffering burns in Wolfeboro house fire - 0
- Crews on scene of accident on I-93 in Salem - 0
- Weare residents turn out to express police department concerns - 1
- Tamworth man struck, killed by UPS truck - 0
- Two boys rescued from Hood Pond - 1
- Woman killed in Nashua crash - 0
- Wednesday night Derry blaze under investigation - 0
- Gunfire from police range disturbs Plaistow neighbors - 1
- Cause of Ashland fire investigated - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police obtain warrants for suspect wanted in Dover, Manchester bank robberies - 0
- Abby Dion, 9, records a 10 in gymnastics meet - 0
- St. A skaters fall to Norwich - 0
- Monarchs lose in OT; win streak stops at 6 - 0
- Police searching for person stealing from cars in Manchester - 1
- College Football: Maine seniors want the coveted musket - 0
- College Hockey: Ice-making problem postpones UNH-PC - 1
- Pinkerton backfield a combination of power and speed - 0
- John Habib's City Sports: State Legion rejects Post 79’s request for senior team - 2
Jury acquits Mont Vernon driver, who was checking text, in death of former Amherst fire chief
Offend someone? To jail with you!
Obama to illegals: Come out of shadows
Plaistow town planner arrested
Driver acquitted in Amherst ex-chief’s death
A kinder, gentler House Speaker?
Pipeline's NH route moves to top choice
College Football: Wildcats are CAA champs