Home » News » Public Safety
Family Safety Day won’t be held this year in Londonderry
Currently, the state’s car seat requirement applies to children 55 inches or shorter.
In previous years, the event has featured local vendors, food and a variety of fun and educational activities emphasizing the many ways children and families can stay safe.
Free monthly car seat checks are already a regular part of the Londonderry Child Passenger Safety Program, though in recent months attendance has steadily decreased.
According to statistics provided by the New Hampshire Child Passenger Safety Program, over 90 percent of all car seats installations need correction.
Curro said he’s hoping to spread the word to area families and have his team of certified technicians check as many car seats as possible for National Seat Check Saturday.
Information on the new legislation will also be made available for participants, and no appointment is necessary.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 0
- Heroin overdoses claim two in Laconia - 0
- Concrete chunk falls onto sidewalk from Elm Street building in Manchester - 0
- Traffic, parking complaints related to Hollis farm stand - 0
- Crews still working on replacing poles after accident - 0
- Woman, 56, struck by car in Laconia accident - 0
- Manchester police investigate two crashes involving two cruisers - 3
- Boy on scooter hits moving vehicle, taken to hospital - 0
- State police: Vermont man drove 111 mph on I-89 - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 0
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 0
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- Report: Cubs will hire Joe Maddon as manager - 0
- Pastoral Counseling Services honors Good Samaritans - 0
- Peterborough church plan advances after land buy - 0
- Stocks down a little after Fed move - 0
- Portsmouth retailer sells goods from across U.S. in a small 'pop-up shop' - 0
The Obamaconomy: Shea-Porter shows its flaw