Home » News » Public Safety
Family Safety Day won’t be held this year in Londonderry
Currently, the state’s car seat requirement applies to children 55 inches or shorter.
In previous years, the event has featured local vendors, food and a variety of fun and educational activities emphasizing the many ways children and families can stay safe.
Free monthly car seat checks are already a regular part of the Londonderry Child Passenger Safety Program, though in recent months attendance has steadily decreased.
According to statistics provided by the New Hampshire Child Passenger Safety Program, over 90 percent of all car seats installations need correction.
Curro said he’s hoping to spread the word to area families and have his team of certified technicians check as many car seats as possible for National Seat Check Saturday.
Information on the new legislation will also be made available for participants, and no appointment is necessary.
READER COMMENTS: 25
- Extreme skier's handgun found, returned to him - 8
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
NH Easter Egg Hunts 2014