Home » News » Public Safety
Family Safety Day won’t be held this year in Londonderry
Currently, the state’s car seat requirement applies to children 55 inches or shorter.
In previous years, the event has featured local vendors, food and a variety of fun and educational activities emphasizing the many ways children and families can stay safe.
Free monthly car seat checks are already a regular part of the Londonderry Child Passenger Safety Program, though in recent months attendance has steadily decreased.
According to statistics provided by the New Hampshire Child Passenger Safety Program, over 90 percent of all car seats installations need correction.
Curro said he’s hoping to spread the word to area families and have his team of certified technicians check as many car seats as possible for National Seat Check Saturday.
Information on the new legislation will also be made available for participants, and no appointment is necessary.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season - 0
- Driver seriously injured in Londonderry wreck - 0
- Dover snowmobiler dies in Barnstead crash - 0
- Most property owners clear hydrants of snow - 0
- Manchester man dies after being hit by car - 0
- Family, pet cats and snake escape Nottingham fire - 0
- Two officers pinpointed in Weare shooting - 0
- School bus slides off road, slams into trees in Deerfield - 0
- For Nashua student walkers, commute may soon be safer - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- College Hockey: Northeastern wins in OT, forces Game 3 with UNH - 0
- NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll - 0
- Pembroke voters OK clock tower face-lift - 0
- Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer - 0
- Groveton backs 'Plan B' for town office project - 0
- Dartmouth under fire for response to incidents of rape on campus - 0
- Obama's national security aides meet to discuss Ukraine - 0
- Radio host wants official's lawsuit dismissed - 0
- NH's representatives in Congress join opposition to painkiller Zohydro - 0
Dick Pinney's Guidelines: Online license purchases prove user unfriendly for some hunters and anglers
Auburn native believes in faith and fashion
NHGOP: Rand Paul wins straw poll
Snowmobiler dies; 4th fatality of season
Bath Iron Works gets nod for fifth destroyer
GOP panel stresses teamwork, sincerity