Future is bright for Hollis Town Hall
During Monday night’s Hollis Board of Selectmen meeting, Town Administrator Troy Brown said a portion of the building’s new siding had been completed, and trim and the top of the clock tower have been painted.
During the March town meeting, voters approve exterior renovations at the historic Town Hall and in early June, selectmen unanimously awarded the project contract to Nashua construction firm D.K. King & Associates.
Money from the town’s $350,000 repairs fund also went toward the project, which includes the replacement of aging paint and siding.
Sharing an old photograph of the Hollis Town Hall, Sullivan said the building was originally a darker color but was painted white in the 1950s.
Following the July hearing, selectmen said they received approximately 40 emails urging them to paint Town Hall white and ultimately agreed to stick to the original plan.
“Right now, we’re looking good as far as the timeline goes,” Brown said this week. “Fortunately, the weather has been cooperative.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 2
- Another View -- Charles Lane: The unintended consequences of our immigration laws are severe - 0
- Rockets are the bitter fruits of Israeli generosity - 0
- John Stossel: Why reporting good news is such a problem - 0
- Jonah Goldberg: In Hollywood, liberal values reign, except at the box office - 1
- Pat Buchanan: Impeaching Obama would be a mistake - 1
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms