Future is bright for Hollis Town Hall
During Monday night’s Hollis Board of Selectmen meeting, Town Administrator Troy Brown said a portion of the building’s new siding had been completed, and trim and the top of the clock tower have been painted.
During the March town meeting, voters approve exterior renovations at the historic Town Hall and in early June, selectmen unanimously awarded the project contract to Nashua construction firm D.K. King & Associates.
Money from the town’s $350,000 repairs fund also went toward the project, which includes the replacement of aging paint and siding.
Sharing an old photograph of the Hollis Town Hall, Sullivan said the building was originally a darker color but was painted white in the 1950s.
Following the July hearing, selectmen said they received approximately 40 emails urging them to paint Town Hall white and ultimately agreed to stick to the original plan.
“Right now, we’re looking good as far as the timeline goes,” Brown said this week. “Fortunately, the weather has been cooperative.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 2
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 1
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl