Future is bright for Hollis Town Hall
During Monday night’s Hollis Board of Selectmen meeting, Town Administrator Troy Brown said a portion of the building’s new siding had been completed, and trim and the top of the clock tower have been painted.
During the March town meeting, voters approve exterior renovations at the historic Town Hall and in early June, selectmen unanimously awarded the project contract to Nashua construction firm D.K. King & Associates.
Money from the town’s $350,000 repairs fund also went toward the project, which includes the replacement of aging paint and siding.
Sharing an old photograph of the Hollis Town Hall, Sullivan said the building was originally a darker color but was painted white in the 1950s.
Following the July hearing, selectmen said they received approximately 40 emails urging them to paint Town Hall white and ultimately agreed to stick to the original plan.
“Right now, we’re looking good as far as the timeline goes,” Brown said this week. “Fortunately, the weather has been cooperative.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents of slain journalist in Rochester call James Foley a 'martyr for freedom' - 1
- Obama: World is 'appalled' by murder of NH's James Foley - 18
- ISIS beheads NH journalist - 47
- BREAKING NEWS: Islamic State says it beheaded NH journalist - 11
- Pentagon says U.S. strikes have slowed Iraq militants but not weakened them - 0
- U.S. presses Iraq strikes and removes staff as GOP criticizes Obama - 0
- Israel, Palestinians agree to 72-hour ceasefire - 0
- U.S. aircraft hit Islamic State artillery in Iraq – Pentagon - 3
- Fire service Guardsmen return home from Kuwait - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Officials hire principal for Golden Brook school - 0
- Seniors help students start year on the right foot, with the write stuff - 0
- Derry councilors select semi-finalists for town admin job - 0
- Plaistow begins search for new police chief - 0
- Without an exemption, Goffstown resident must pay high taxes on solar energy panels - 1
- Upcoming selectmen's meeting stirring controversy among Bow's firefighters - 1
- Manchester police to hold ‘Coffee with a Cop’ event - 0
- Manchester police officer finds gun in cyclist’s backpack - 2
- President Obama: Rescue attempt of NH-based journalist James Foley failed - 6
Derry to NH: Take Exit 4A
Editorial: Garcia gains Lambert lies
Hassan, Havenstein both raise nearly $2m