Poetry in the Park set for Saturday at Nashua's Greeley Park
“People turn to poetry at important moments, our weddings and funerals are full of it,” said Hall, owner of Brookline’s Hobblebush Books and publisher of the Granite State Poetry Series, an annual publication that showcases the work of one of the state’s accomplished poets.
Walker and others in the verse business understand that some people might find poetry difficult and intimidating.
Open mic session
Instead, Poetry in the Park is a listener-friendly event where people can hear and enjoy the sounds, imagery and drama of poetry in a familiar outdoor setting. Along with the readings, there will also be poetry discussions, live music and book signings.
In addition to Hall, featured poets include Rodger Martin, Alice Fogel, J. Kates, John Perrault, B. Eugene McCarthy, Patricia Fargnoli and James Fowler.
The reading will start with four of the eight scheduled poets, and the open mic portion of the event begins at noon. Anyone interested in a turn at the microphone will be able to sign up to read at 11:30.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.