Home » News » Public Safety
Elderly tenant evicted from Manchester apartment for smoking
The deputies eventually returned Pilotte, who is about 80, to the apartment. After social workers conferred with officials from the Manchester Housing and Redevelopment Authority, Manchester police officers drove Pilotte to an assisted living facility on Prospect Street.
By the late afternoon, neighbors said Pilotte had returned to his apartment and kicked open the door. Police arrived a couple of hours later and brought him back to Washington Manor, said neighbor John Brady.
"He's his own person. There's no way I could keep him," Ventresca said. "He's having a hard time making the transition."
She said she's had issues with Pilotte. He used to bang on her door and ask her to call the housing authority. Once he came to her door naked, she said.
"All his mental faculties aren't there anymore," said Brady, who added he didn't like the eviction.
"Sometimes, we have to make very difficult decisions that are unsavory to us," he said. "We're in the business of housing people, not unhousing them."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 0
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
- Rollover backs up traffic on Everett Turnpike - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072