Spotlight on: Paula Poundstone
Humorist Paula Poundstone, a familiar voice on National Public Radio’s news quiz show “Wait Wait Don’t Tell Me,” will visit The Colonial Theatre in Bethlehem for a 7:30 p.m. show Thursday, Sept. 12. Poundstone’s most recent CD is “I Heart Jokes: Paula Tell Them in Boston.” In addition, this past spring she joined Whoopi Goldberg and Joan Rivers, among others, for appearances in a feature-length documentary by Lions Gate for Showtime titled “Why We Laugh Too: Women in Comedy.” It’s the latest cable endeavor for the Emmy-winning Poundstone, who has starred in comedy specials on HBO and BRAVO. Poundstone, who lives in Santa Monica, Calif., also penned “There is Nothing In This Book That I Meant To Say.” Tickets to her Bethlehem show range from $29 to $44. For details, call 869-3422 or log onto bethlehemcolonialtheatre.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.