NHIAA Roundup: Central girls, Hanover boys register soccer shutouts
Pinkerton 2, Spaulding 0: In Derry, Pinkerton (4-0) received goals from Reanna Romano and Andrea Galvin. Julie Murray and Keara Doolan each had an assist against 0-3 Spaulding. Pinkerton goalie Sammy Mitchell had three saves while Spaulding netminder Monica Harris turned back 16 shots.
Epping 4, Concord Christian 0: In Concord, Epping (2-2) got two goals from Evelyn Carleton and one each from Sabrina Rivers and Ashley Krenzer. Assists were registered by Jordan Higginbottom, Ashley Krenzer, Evelyn Carleton and Maddeline Marchisio. Epping goalie Chloe Pelletier had 11 saves while Concord Christian goalie Morgan Draus turned back 11 shots.
Central 1, Concord 0: At Manchester, Keegan LaBerge scored on a penalty kick in the 90th minute to help the Little Green raise their record to 2-2. Alec Patterson made six saves for Central. Concord fell to 2-1-1.
Souhegan 2, Trinity 0: In Amherst, Souhegan (2-2) was led by goals from Devan Casey and Mike Hayden, who added an assist. Souhegan goalie Teigue Young had five saves, Trinity (1-2) had five saves from goalie Zach Szczeockowicz.
ConVal 3, Keene 2 OT: ConVal scored first on a goal from Austin Wheeler but Keene rallied a 2-1 lead behind scores from
Epping 5, Concord Christian 1: Scoring for Epping (3-0) were Azize Zerguine (2 goals), and one goal each from James Stanley, Mark Marasca, and Cam Osgood.
Pinkerton 3, Timberlane 1: At Derry, Pinkerton (1-1) won 25-17, 25-15, 16-25 and 25-23. Kelsey Cummings led the Astros with 10 kills and teammate Olivia Mathieu added 10 kills and 17 digs. Courtney Collins had 10 kills and Lexi Verrault contributed 22 digs. Leading the Owls (1-1) were Christina Nye (16 kills, 13 digs), Jess Buckley (nine aces) and Jane Buckley (four blocks).
Newfound 4, Newport 2; Newfound received first half goals from Allie Symonds and Megan Libby. Newfound’s second half goals were scored by Karissa Bony and freshman Amanda Johnston. Sophomore Megan Sharp had a strong second half in goal with 10 saves for the Bears.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass