NHIAA Roundup: Central girls, Hanover boys register soccer shutouts
Pinkerton 2, Spaulding 0: In Derry, Pinkerton (4-0) received goals from Reanna Romano and Andrea Galvin. Julie Murray and Keara Doolan each had an assist against 0-3 Spaulding. Pinkerton goalie Sammy Mitchell had three saves while Spaulding netminder Monica Harris turned back 16 shots.
Epping 4, Concord Christian 0: In Concord, Epping (2-2) got two goals from Evelyn Carleton and one each from Sabrina Rivers and Ashley Krenzer. Assists were registered by Jordan Higginbottom, Ashley Krenzer, Evelyn Carleton and Maddeline Marchisio. Epping goalie Chloe Pelletier had 11 saves while Concord Christian goalie Morgan Draus turned back 11 shots.
Central 1, Concord 0: At Manchester, Keegan LaBerge scored on a penalty kick in the 90th minute to help the Little Green raise their record to 2-2. Alec Patterson made six saves for Central. Concord fell to 2-1-1.
Souhegan 2, Trinity 0: In Amherst, Souhegan (2-2) was led by goals from Devan Casey and Mike Hayden, who added an assist. Souhegan goalie Teigue Young had five saves, Trinity (1-2) had five saves from goalie Zach Szczeockowicz.
ConVal 3, Keene 2 OT: ConVal scored first on a goal from Austin Wheeler but Keene rallied a 2-1 lead behind scores from
Epping 5, Concord Christian 1: Scoring for Epping (3-0) were Azize Zerguine (2 goals), and one goal each from James Stanley, Mark Marasca, and Cam Osgood.
Pinkerton 3, Timberlane 1: At Derry, Pinkerton (1-1) won 25-17, 25-15, 16-25 and 25-23. Kelsey Cummings led the Astros with 10 kills and teammate Olivia Mathieu added 10 kills and 17 digs. Courtney Collins had 10 kills and Lexi Verrault contributed 22 digs. Leading the Owls (1-1) were Christina Nye (16 kills, 13 digs), Jess Buckley (nine aces) and Jane Buckley (four blocks).
Newfound 4, Newport 2; Newfound received first half goals from Allie Symonds and Megan Libby. Newfound’s second half goals were scored by Karissa Bony and freshman Amanda Johnston. Sophomore Megan Sharp had a strong second half in goal with 10 saves for the Bears.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan