Fight to Educate
Winning card for Fight to Educate at Verizon arena
“Danny made his professional debut with us five years ago,” said Stephen, chairman of the New Hampshire Boxing and Wrestling Commission, which is sanctioning the event. “He calls Manchester his second home, and he always wants to help us raise money for three wonderful charities. He’s also a terrific boxer who’s ready for a title shot.”
O’Connor, a southpaw out of Framingham, Mass., has recorded four knockouts in Fight to Educate bouts.
Undefeated welterweight Chris Gilbert of Windsor, Vt., (9-0, 7 KOs) returns to Manchester for the third straight year. He will meet Anthony Chase (11-1, 4 KOs) of Providence in an eight-round match. “Gilbert is a solid fighter who will out-punch his opponent,” said Stephen. “Chase will be a good test for Gilbert.”West Forks, Maine, light welterweight Brandon Berry (2-0, 2 KOs), who fought in last year’s FTE as an amateur, meets Jesus Javier Cintron (1-3-2) of Springfield, Mass., in a four-round bout.
During the past 11 years, the Fight To Educate has raised more than $500,000 in donations for New Hampshire nonprofits. Proceeds this year will benefit Manchester’s SEE Science Center, the Bobby Stephen Fund for Education and the New Horizons for New Hampshire food pantry, soup kitchen and shelter.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- George Will: Executive discretion to the extreme - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Being better than New Jersey isn't good enough - 1
- Kathy Sullivan: GOP outrage machine might have finally gone too far - 46
- Jonah Goldberg: Triumph of the vulgarians - 1
- Maureen Mann: Labeling genetically-modified foods would help New Hampshire consumers - 16
- David Harsanyi: Ninety-six percent of Americans are wrong about Congress - 3
- Patrick J. Buchanan: Will we go to war over Japanese islands? - 0
- Sean Kenneally: A once pure NH view is no more - 13
- Jonah Goldberg: Obamacare was sold on a few core lies - 8
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840